There’s something magical about fall – the beautiful colours of the leaves, the milder weather, and the feeling of a “new beginning” that comes with the back-to-school season. In fact, September has become the new January when it comes to fresh starts and resolutions.
Perhaps it’s the new energy and focus as the summer holiday season winds down, or the panic that you haven’t really accomplished what you set out to do for 2018.
Sound like you? Here are some things to keep in mind as you go about your goal setting for the new-New Year:
- Make your goal specific and measurable – it’s hard to gauge whether you’re on track to “being healthier” or to figure out how to measure that. Think instead of getting more specific with your goal, so you can keep tabs on your progress and know for sure when you’ve accomplished it!
- Start with the big picture, then break it into smaller steps. Instead of trying to jump “all in” at once (which usually ends up with falling “all out” over time), start with the one action that you feel confident you can knock out of the park this week. Then take another step next week. Build some momentum with the small victories, and watch them add up to big change over time!
- Think about your “why” – context matters! How would reaching this goal impact your life? What’s your motivation to get there? Why is it important to you?
- Set a timeframe (a realistic timeframe) to add accountability and a bit of pressure on yourself.
- Get organized! Set some time aside at the beginning of each week to plan ahead for what you might need: grocery shopping, meal prepping, or just setting time aside to get your workout in.
Spend a bit of time reflecting on what you want to knock out of the park before the January resolutioners even begin – and then start acting on it!
Feel like you need more guidance to set your goals and an action plan to achieve them? Get in on our “Fall Fresh Start” promotion from now until September 15th and receive:
- Your Initial Consult
- 1 Private Personal Training Session
- 1 Strength Camp Session
- 1 30-minute Nutrition Review
…all for $75!
If you’ve ever wanted to try us out, but were afraid to commit to a program, this is for you!
For more information or to get started, fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.